Home

CAVCON and Guilds Awareness Party

78 replies [Last post]
Marten
Marten's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger

Teamspeak Instructions

To listen to Rhee's broadcast with TeamSpeak 3:

1. On the menu bar, select Connections->Connect.  A pop-up box will appear.
  2. On the pop-up, fill in the Server Address (guildofwriters.org) and your Nickname; leave the Server Password field empty.
  3. On the pop-up, click the "Connect" button.

Trouble(shooting):

• If you are having difficulty hearing the broadcast, from the menu bar, try Settings->Options, and select the Playback page.  There, you can configure the overall volume and device settings.
  • You can adjust the volume of an individual in the room by directly right-clicking on his or her name and choosing "Change volume."  This way, you can mute anyone who is interrupting the show.

Rhee

Yay thanks for that Marten!!  My actual knowledge of Teamspeak was limited to "this is how to connect" and "if you want people to hear you, talk."  This is good information to have!

Also, I should be able to cover the 14.00 and 15.00 slots as a reference person...  if no one else is able to do so.  I have to step out for a morning appointment at 16.00 UTC, but i'll be back in plenty of time for my concert slot. :D

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger

Thank you so much Rhee! :)

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Ok guys, still 3 hours before the party starts but we have everything set up to get there. Thanks to Branan and Yootay and the other guys of the Guild of Writers, we have set the Egg Room of the Hood of Illusions for linking you to the city:

_The chamber in front of the access door will link you directly to the Tokotah Rooftop, that is the place where the party will be.

If we have a really big crowd we have setup the other Chambers to link people to other spots in the city, the Ferry Terminal and the Tokotah Alley. Use them only if the roottop gets too crowded and laggy

adi

Took the initiative of adding janeerah's name and stream (he'll be using mine) to the kimail, hope it's not a problem. ^^

(yay can't wait for the party to start! \o/)

Ace
Ace's picture

Rrrrch.  Small snag.  I inadvertantly added a www to the front of my stream address.  It shouldn't be there.  The correct address is http://amberhorizons47.serverroom.us:5528

Sorry for the error.  Better to find out now, though...

Marten
Marten's picture

I have added a temporary and hidden rel.to entry called "cap" for "Cavern Awareness Party".  (I'm already aware that 'cavcon' and 'cavcon_party' are defined, the latter is also hidden).

http://rel.to/cap

The cap entry can be used to point people at the music stream as long as someone from the GoMe keeps it updated.  I'm not sure which permissions determine which GoMe members can edit this, but the idea I'm suggesting is that as the Dni'J's change, update it, that way it's much easier to keep people pointed to the right stream.  The only time this won't be quite so easy is when Rhee is up, but that's just for 1 hour.  In that case, you can point to the teamspeak instructions I posted above.

To update the entry:

• Go to http://rel.to
  • At upper right, select Admin Login
  • Enter your GoME credentials and press Login.
  • At upper right, select Administration
  • Select Create/Edit external links
  • In "Filter Entries" type "cap" and click Filter
  • Next to the entry for "cap (Hidden)", select Edit
  • Change the URL, hit Submit.

shokhootahn Rehn

.shorah b'shemtee

I can take the 8:00AM to 10:00AM KI time slot, if it's stil available.

Rehn

Edit: Take the time slot as a reference person.  /doh

Donahoo

I'm listening to Adi while I work. Nice music Adi.

adi

Thanks Donahoo!

Hope I'll be awake enough to make it to your set tonight. ^^

Donahoo

I hope so too, listening to the next DJ now.

Ace
Ace's picture

Here's a quick KI shot from last night...  (This was about the time LC finished his set.)

Donahoo

Looks like we have crashed the server. Had a Net6 error and logins are restricted. Music is playing right on and I still have lots of listeners. Hope to get back to the cavern soon. 

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

eheh I saw.

I PMed Tor'i and she apologized for taking the server down while the party was on but the thing couldn't wait.

People are gathering in CyanChat: http://rel.to/cc_irc

Donahoo

We're back now, were out of the cavern for an hour.

AgeExplorer
AgeExplorer's picture
Cavern CrierMessenger

Leo you are amazing. I was at dinner at the time this server crash happened. I must say though that it was a nice idea to have everyone come onto Cyan chat while the server was out. Now we are back in cavern once again. The party continues to go on and Donahoo is doing a wonderful job with the music.

Marten
Marten's picture

Leo's addendum to the party and other's actions in the same purpose:  http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/content/great-success-cavcon-actions

ezequief

The Party was awesome! It has really been a privilege to be able to participate in it, since it was such an unique and special event. I was there on three different occasions (Thursday night /European Time/, shortly on Friday morning, Friday evening & night until the Server Reboot) and it has been cool to have a party permanently going on during the day so we could just pass by in any moment

ezequief