Home

GoMe Census / Job list / To-do list

145 replies [Last post]
Szark
Szark's picture
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger

My e-mail was made for this type of thing, so I am ok with it Kalypso, unless it gets to be a problem but for now it is OK, after all I did sent it to you. :D

Lial
Messenger

My e-mail address was made for this purpose, too. It is ok to publish it, though I would prefer to see circulation of the document limited to Messengers. Is it limited? Lial

KI# 115132

Nanouk_Metal
Lial wrote:
My e-mail address was made for this purpose, too. It is ok to publish it, though I would prefer to see circulation of the document limited to Messengers. Is it limited? Lial

I just did a test without a login and I can access this document. So, it was made available to every one on the net.

Btw, there has been no response yet to my previous post or PM's and my email address is still showing. What will it take from any of the Administrative persons to delete it. (re: my clickable avatar's name) :evil: :evil:

Btw, I am aware that my PMs have been read since the are out of my "Outbox"

Do you remember this post about a Privacy complaint ?
http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=886#p886

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture
(Crier)_Nanouk wrote:
I just did a test without a login and I can access this document. So, it was made available to every one on the net.

Btw, there has been no response yet to my previous post or PM's and my email address is still showing. What will it take from any of the Administrative persons to delete it. (re: my clickable avatar's name) :evil: :evil:

Hey friend, Kalypso gave me edit rights to the census page on Thursday. I've been there twice only. I read your post but didn't see the email addresses and didn't know/wasn't tutored on how to find/change/add/delete them. I don't know where Kalypso went either :?:

BUT

I figured it out on my own and your's is GONE buddy as of 11:29 AM, GMT-6(Texas) Saturday. Less :mrgreen:

Anyone else want to go the way of Nanouk? :roll:
Al

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Nanouk_Metal
AlKaera wrote:
BUT

I figured it out on my own and your's is GONE buddy as of 11:29 AM, GMT-6(Texas) Saturday. Less :mrgreen:
Al

Yep, you did it. Job well done.

And thank you very much for the feedback.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

I'm deeply sorry everyone, :( (Specially Nanouk)
I should have asked everybody's permission to show their e-mail adress, I'm 100% responsible for this. I guess I was too much proactive that day with all I did with the census.

Sorry again for not being able to read your PM Nanouk(I just did), I was out of town on a funeral (technically I'm still out of town and only am here for a brief moment on the forum).

Thank you VERY MUCH Alkaera for managing on your own this problem. I'm very glad you fixed rapidly this potential big privacy problem(I just hope there was no leakage with the bots) but also feel very sorry you had to fix my mistake all by yourself. Don't worry if you did something wrong with the census, I kept a back-up copy.

We'll talk again of the e-mail adresses being displayed or not and do it slowly this time when I'll be back in 2 days.

Sorry againto every messenger for putting your privacy at risk, I did not think of all the possible problems this could cause to all of you. :(

Kalypso: #85553

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture
Kalypso wrote:
Thank you VERY MUCH Alkaera for managing on your own this problem.... also feel very sorry you had to fix my mistake all by yourself.

No Problem.. you gave me permission and I learn fast. :lol:

Quote:
Don't worry if you did something wrong with the census, I kept a back-up copy.

Of course you did, I didn't even think of that., but you don't need to use it on my account. It's better now than when I got there. :mrgreen: (I'm losing some color. :D

AlKaera

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Today, I'm feeling positive and I'm starting the second recruitment drive. I think that I learned from the first one a few lessons so this time, my time doing that should be more productive and hopefully, we'll have more new messengers than from the first drive.

I'm very happy that we got 3 from the first one, particularly FloCat who is involved as our artist for the GoMe Gopher. :)

Gerbert and Legomoe seem to be busy these days which is understandable. Hopefully they'll pop back here soon. :D

I only hope that I will be able to find motivated new messengers considering that we are not in a exciting period right now(MORE announcement was a month ago and MORE's launch is still far away.) So I can't promise you anything but I'll do my best. ;)

EDIT: 6 hours passed and already 2 new messengers interested in joining the GoMe! :D

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture

Kalypso, an idea I have about the census in general.
Every new member should be welcomed AND given a link to the census page to show them who's who and what's going on instead of JUST sending them off into forum brain freeze. :shock: which, IMO, is a nasty thing to do :!: , because on their own, it is very hard/takes too much time, to get grounded in the current goings on. :lol: It was for me. :mrgreen:

Also as I PM'd you about recruitment; The forum says there are 184 members. Maybe a 'Welcome Back to MORE, GoMe Members' post with a link to the same census to show them that we are 'BACK', we are involved in the future of GoMe and we are anticipating and working towards our participation directly In Cavern when MORE is a reality. :D

Al

blutec
blutec's picture

Please remove this action at my name: "working on GM boards", I'm not, lol, it was a suggestion, once.
O, and I'm still liaising with There, but due to things I haven't been in There for a month, but soon I'll be there again.

grtz, blutec

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Done.

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture

Are we still asking questions about the Census/Jobs/ToDo list here?
Recent review shows this on the GoMe Jobs;
"- Publisher:
We need someone to put the Newsletter in the “Library” section on the GoMe website.--------------- Aander91 is interested. Waiting for Shimmer to grant access
."
When we switched to the new GoMe website, I didn't find any 'Library' or library link, just two references to the newsletter. Is the Census item just moot or are we also looking for a Publisher?
AlKaera

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Have we really switched to the new website?

Yes we still need a publisher(someone with website access) unless it is really easy to put it on the website.

But the Census is out of date. Al, if you want to update it, be my guest. ;)

Narym

No, we still haven't properly switched to the new website, cause no one has given me a definitive "drop the redirects". That, and I need to try and figure out how to migrate the forum with a minimum of fuss :P

Marten
Marten's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger

The forum might not have to move right away.

I appreciate that you're waiting for a sign of approval to move forward. You could run a poll to see if most people agree to move to the new site now, or drop a PM to the other guild council members and let them decide (may be faster).

Though Number 1 on my wish list is to replace that crazy bubble transition flash thingy. :twisted:

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Narym, when you will switch the forum, I'll update it. There is a new version but not knowing enough about forums, I'm afraid of losing posts in the transition.

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture
Narym wrote:
No, we still haven't properly switched to the new website...

Ok, and this is fine. I wasn't trying to be pushy, in a hurry up kind of way. :lol: Then can we get the September Newsletter in the “Library” section on the existing GoMe website? OR does that NOT matter either because it's already hosted somewhere else during the interim? :mrgreen:
AlKaera

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

It would be indeed very nice for each Newsletter/Newspaper to have an official place with an official link on the website as soon as possible.

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture

Ok, back to the Census / Job List/ To-Do list... It needs an update. I have downloaded the current Census (today's date) for changes. (some things have to be done in Word and then uploaded).
With GoMe election results coming, MORE on hold and decisions/changes by you, our membership, about your ongoing work in the GoMe, I suspect a lot will change on the list, and I am ready to take a shot at being the guy to do it.
I will start here with a few things I know already are changing;
1. Andros is unsure of his future status with GoMe
2. Veralun stated he would not do the calendar any longer and may resign as a GoMe member.
3. Lynnutte is back as Newspaper Editor (or at least almost back)
4. ghaelen/blutec share assembly/publishing of the newspaper
5. Reporters, Journalists, Interviewer, Assistant/Back-up Assembler, Proofreader, Translators are current open jobs. Actually, I agree every position that is filled or needed should have a backup.
6. Some NEW members will have a color change to regular members. Gerbert. Aander, Theremin etc. (maybe will need to PM Lial to get status)
Anyway, there is no rush to this folks, but I'd rather do some major changes than a tweek or two a day for the next month 'cause I may not be able to support that frequent an update.
Give me everything you know for this and that I forgot to put here and we'll make a list and do it all at once, right after election results.
AlKaera

I haven't forgotten about page one listing, but that is Andros page and I can't edit. OR I can start a new topic as 'GoMe Census'

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Al, do you want me to make you a moderator or an admin for the forum?

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture
Andros wrote:
Al, do you want me to make you a moderator or an admin for the forum?

:shock: Me?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn't know what to do here or how to do it. I would exacerbate the best of you, mentors and all, with my pea brained knowledge of forum operation. :mrgreen:

Andros, I was talking about Census/Jobs/To Do List updates from our members and where to list them. I am volunteering to do the next LARGE Census update after the GoMe Election deadline.
They can land here in the thread and I'll sort them out later, when I do the update. I don't need to be a mod. :|
AlKaera

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Ok. That was you would have been able to edit my first post. Considering that my involvement in the GoMe is decreasing each day, someone to take care of the forum would be nice. Lynnutte has access but it never hurts to have 2 people. (Before it was Shimmer and Lynnutte).

Keep in mind that I knew nothing of managing forums before Lynnutte granted me access. The changes I did were all from what I saw I could do in the "Admin panel". So you don't need training to do things in the forum.

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture
Andros wrote:
Considering that my involvement in the GoMe is decreasing each day, someone to take care of the forum would be nice. Lynnutte has access but it never hurts to have 2 people. (Before it was Shimmer and Lynnutte).

....So you don't need training to do things in the forum.

Most 'Old dogs' I know need all the training they can get. :wink: Whatever happened to Aander91, he's a mod? Was a mod?

Lynnutte could weigh in here and offer to help me in a bind, should I agree to become a mod. Geez, I've still gotta figure out if I know how to download, edit, upload the Census / Job List / ToDo List. Very next task btw, now that the Elections are finished.
AlKaera

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Aander91 is a member who do not have the time to devote time to the guild right now. I gave him moderation powers at his request but due to not answering my PMs, I removed his moderators powers.

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture

Hey member buddies, the Census has had a major revision though I'm not finished. Some of the changes;
New names assigned to the Chairs and GM per the election.
Szark now has a YELLOW band amongst the regular messengers and Theremin has moved to regular YELLOW from new member brown.
The Jobs list has the GoMe Calendar back on it as Veralun has given it up.

So far that's about all I've done. I need some more info about Anthony to add, as he is a Chair person, and some other details to take care of. Let me know what you think or to add things that should be there that are not, currently shown.
AlKaera

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger

Thank you Al!!

Lynnutte just resigned from the GoC Liaison Position, so for now we don't have a Liaison to the GoC but Natales is aware of this and Lynnutte voluntereed to help find someone for this job :)

Nanouk_Metal

I cannot take the GoC liaison's job.

Nalates and me had a real bad "close encounter of the 4th type" on MO:UL's forums and I deduced we were not compatible at all.

My non official semi liaison job plus all the posts help for all the Mysts and Uru games at the old ubi forum site is good enough for me.

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture
Leonardo wrote:
Lynnutte just resigned from the GoC Liaison Position, so for now we don't have a Liaison to the GoC....

Yeah, I knew that.... duh! :mrgreen: Thanks Leo.
AlKaera

Szark
Szark's picture

Ok I have updated the new website of the Guild positions but there are the Contacts and Contact Us pages I cannot edit or update. Contacts
Contact Us

Szark

Theremin
Theremin's picture

Al, you funny. :P

For the reporter job, I'd like to have it say something to the effect of "...watch the forums and contact/encourage people to submit articles." Newspaper staff members are always welcome to write articles if they have time... :)