Home

GoMe Census / Job list / To-do list

145 replies [Last post]
Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger

I thought he was talking of the website interface itself.

But content tranlsation is good too

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Ok. I left the job there. I just downgraded the priority (Low).

If everyone is satisfy with this list of open jobs in the GoMe, I can begin offering them to current active messengers, inactive messenger and new messengers. If you would like to "apply" for the job, just say so. ;)

Open Jobs

Website/Forum Assistant Webmaster
Wiki Manager
News translators

Council
Elections Organizer

Liaisons
GoW
GoA
MOUL forums
Group Liaisons
Communities Liaisons

In Cavern
Criers
GoMe Recruiter

Social Media
Facebook Managers
Twitter Managers

Satellite Communities

Kalypso: #85553

Szark
Szark's picture
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger

I would hold off the Calendar for know until we contatct GoG about using thiers via direct feed.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

I'd also place a hold on SL Liaison/SL Field Reporter.

I didn't see any comment about not wanting to post news related with the other online worlds (this is also a feature that was requested by some people in the community), so I take it as everyone agrees that we try to start a collaboration with The D'ni Voice, maybe making it our affiliate.

We just need to contact Dudemom.

If someone has something to say about this, this is the right moment to speak. Otherwise, we're waiting for a word from Lynnutte

Szark
Szark's picture
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger

Becasuse I am no longer doing a lot of the stuff I used I have no problems with reporting on the other online worlds. I can't say I like it so I will leave it up to the ones that will implement things. If you think this is a good thing then Go for it as The D'ni Voice could be a wonderful asset to the community as a whole.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

I forgot to ask, are you needs for the forum covered? Do you need moderators or something?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Right now there are some moderators (Nanouk and Marten plus all the Guild Council). I think they are enough

Marten
Marten's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger

I see you posted a poll at MOUL forums - good job...

You may be interested that I will also be looking for additional help with the programming side of rel.to, and beyond that... well, I have some other ideas that will require even more effort.  But there is only so much that I can do in the time that I have available each day, so I'll start with needing a programmer.

I will have more details ready to describe the position in a week or so.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Thank you Marten. I'll add that to the list when you'll give me your description.

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture

Szark wrote:

That is it Sirlazuras you go and get settled into Myst Online. You have made a great start and I am impressed with your enthusiasim. Hope to see you down in the cavern sometime.

Thx Szark i just hope to get some more development as i discover more in world on myst online and many ages especialy in Ferry age cause i still go there 1 time.

Today i going to have some time in ferry and i meet u guys there,after i do some more game in my journey and continue in this age i meet you there  after i get my cloth hands.

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Now that the job recruiting is on its way (and producing results), my next phase is to do the census again in the GoMe.

There currently 24 messengers in the GoMe so I'll be contacting everyone of them to see if they are active or not, if they are currently working on something and if they would be interested in one of the current positions available in the guild.

I hope I won't be too annoying with my messages... I don't want to be bossy.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Leo, Szark is stepping down as the Rss Feed Manager, do we still need one?

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

The Census is going well. It was sent to the 35 active and inactive mensengers. 17 have replied so far.

We have some messengers in their new role:

Blutec: Cavern Crier

FloCat: Twitter Manager

Theremin: Election Organizer

Dekar

Hey, What's this your waiting on me for the D'ni voice?  

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Dekar... I don't think that I asked you to do something about the D'ni Voices... What are you refering to?

Dekar

In your census It says your awaiting something from me regarding it.  Waiting for Dn'i Voice reply

Im sorry it may be the previous column, I thought it was one chart not two.

Edit: Yes, I think I misread that first slide. My apologies.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Yes, it's 2 columns. ;) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In your e-mail, you wrote about having journalistic interests. The job is not posted yet but would you be interested in writing short Ki Mails for the Cavern Criers to distribute? The subjects haven't been discussed yet though.

Dekar

Sure, if your in need of someone. Like an in cavern newsletter? 

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Yeah sure. I created this topic to discuss it. http://www.guildofmessengers.com/forum/topic/ki-mails-gome-produced

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Andros wrote:

Leo, Szark is stepping down as the Rss Feed Manager, do we still need one?

Since every messenger can do that I don't think we need it. I visit the Workflow Summary each day to see if there is something to approve and you all can do that too

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

As you may have noticed from the "New Messenger: Deadmoon" announcement White is our new Assistant Webmaster, he will help me with the improvements and updates on the website!

He also volunteered for being a Cavern Crier (Irissa, he needs the material to distribute).

Thumbsup for White!!

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Congrats on your quick promotion White! I'm so glad that you are with us and giving some help with the website.  ;)

Marten
Marten's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger

Hurray!!!

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

I've redone Andros's spreadsheet for the Census/Jobs List so that I can modify it (and everyone who has access to the guild email account)

it can be found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoTZHdpKCEPxdDNBSUtGZk5mWFcwdXp...

By the way, anyone who has a @guildofmessengers.com email account can create Documents like this thru our Google portal at http://docs.guildofmessengers.com

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

I've redone Andros's spreadsheet for the Census/Jobs List so that I can modify it (and everyone who has access to the guild email account)

it can be found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoTZHdpKCEPxdDNBSUtGZk5mWFcwdXp...

Note that the "Active" "inactive" signs have been assigned on what I saw of your activities so there can be errors. For some people those fields are empty (usually for Cavern Criers), it's because I don't know anything about if they are doing their jobs or not.

Probably after my holidays (starting this Saturday and lasting for 2 weeks) I'll do a sort of Census to understand who's still with us and wake up those who are sleeping XD There is an incredible number of Messengers not active...especially new ones /doh

I've added to the list of Jobs a "Personell manager - Recruiter" that's mainly what Andros was doing, finding new people and following them while they enter the Guild. Probably the new members being inactive is because they weren't followed very well in their first steps in the Guild

By the way, anyone who has a @guildofmessengers.com email account can create Documents like this thru our Google portal at http://docs.guildofmessengers.com