Home

Guild Interest Weekends!

155 replies [Last post]
Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger

There is a wonderful post on the MOUL Forums about something like a periodical Job Fair for any group in the Cavern.

It is being organized by the GoMa but everyone in invited to join. It would be great if we could have some Criers and GoMe members active on those days.

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=329984#329984

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Great! I'm loving it. RIght now, I see 2 things to figure out:

A schedule of the Messengers willing to attend at  specific hours in order to have the most exposure as possible. Mostly have people at peak hours.

A list of things to talk about and show to the people there:

For example, give them the link to some of our Newspapers.

Point them toward our service (Feed, Calendar, Facebook, Twitter).

Having a Crier distribute Ki Mails.

I'd like to have a presentation of the history of the modern GoMe.

So many interesting things we could do. :)

With 21 messengers, I believe that we have the manpower to deliver something great.

Kalypso: #85553

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

I agree.

I have just set up a Doodle Poll so everyone can put in the hours they plan to stay there and we can have a better idea:

http://www.doodle.com/7uecxcv2mfq6aws6

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Leo, before I post my disponibilities, could you change your pool to reflect Ki Time? I suppose the 2 days mentionned are during Ki Time hours.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

...oh right. I enabled TimeZone compatibility so that the site could automatically detect yours, but I realize that maybe KITime would be better.

What's KITime, right now? Isn't it out of sync with the normal Daylight Saving settings for New Mexico?

EDIT: I've set the table to show GMT-8 Time

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture

Nice Leonardo and i have put there also in the poll.

Not sure if i can add more hour to this cause i only add 1

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Theremin
Theremin's picture
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger

Leonardo wrote:

...oh right. I enabled TimeZone compatibility so that the site could automatically detect yours, but I realize that maybe KITime would be better.

What's KITime, right now? Isn't it out of sync with the normal Daylight Saving settings for New Mexico?

EDIT: I've set the table to show GMT-8 Time

I believe KiTime is always Mountain Standard Time, so part of the year it's the same as New Mexico, and other times it's the same as California.

Julee D
Julee D's picture
Messenger

OK, I've filled in times when I can definitely be there.  I'll try to be there other times as well, but couldn't promise so didn't mark them off.  This is a great idea!

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

Al'Kaera
Al'Kaera's picture

Well, it may be only my KI, but I read it to be two hours different than my actual time. It used to be one hour different. let me explain.

8PM New Mexico (cavern) time = 9PM Texas (my) time also NM follows DST/MST time shifts, Arizona does not.

The SoDK (Students of D'ni Knowledge-DocOlanA) had a meeting last night (Sun) at 8P cavern time and I signed in to be there. It was at 9P my time.

My KI time showed 7P..... because the servers are showing Washington time. Yes?

if you're confused don't worry, it's easy to be confused. just look at your KI time, do the math, and decide if it shows Pacific or Mountain time.

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

PM sent to all the messengers to raise the profil of this event and encourage participation.

What is left to do is write the announcement of this event for the GoMe feed.

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture

Good one m8 so this means we are still go this?

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Yes, this week we'll make a schedule based on the disponibilities of everyone. The more people are willing to do this activiity, the less work each of us we'll have.

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger

hmm i 'm not really all that social. I could spread KI mails, in fact if that is all Cavern Cries do i'll be happy to be one. I could answer questions I guess.but I don't know or I'll be that useful. but I'll give my times on the doodle and try to remember to be there.

edit : I might be there more. but I'll certainly try to be there on the given times.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Al'Kaera wrote:

Well, it may be only my KI, but I read it to be two hours different than my actual time. It used to be one hour different. let me explain.

Trying time conversion in this period could be quite dangerous since we're in the middle of the Daylight Saving switch. Many states in America have already switched to Daylight saying time, but the Cavern time haven't yet (I think I will change eventually) nor any state in Europe.

The best way to figure out the right time, as Al'K said is opening your KI XD

Alaedrain
Magazine teamTranslatorMessenger

Okay, I indicated when I'll be sure to be there (but alas, seems pretty useless with everyone already there at the same time).
Could be extended though.

blutec
blutec's picture

I can attend to some hours of those two days (filled in the poll).

And if interested I can answer questions about assembling a newsletter (or how not to LOL), different tasks in the newsletter process, crier duties and express how fun it is to be in the GoMe :D

grtz, blutec

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Yay! Great!

I added the Events to our Calendar, the Front Page and the Cavern Criers Events KImail ;)

Irissa
Irissa's picture
Messenger

This is a terrific idea, and I really want to contribute!

I'll be available during that weekend, though I'm hesitant to commit to a certain time just yet. I will however, input my availability as soon as I am sure when I will be available.

-Irissa

GoMe_Irissa KI# 04058618

Irissa KI# 03367521

Marten
Marten's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger

As I expressed in PMs involving some of you, I'm very busy this weekend and unfortunately won't be able to contribute to this event.

I could, if there are many gaps remaining in the schedule, see if I could find other people who could help us.  Is it OK though, to ask people who aren't members of our guild to help us on that day?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

I think yes Marten. As long as they know what they're talking about and they're updated on what's happening here :D

Marten
Marten's picture

Ok, I have put a request out at the Great Tree forum.   http://www.thegreattree.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=28203#28203

I want to mention, I think it would be a good idea if we could - in advance - prepare a basic script from which to read, or a KI mail that can be shared with others who enquire about the GoMe.  (Maybe one of our existing KI mails would be a good starting point, but I'm not sure if I have received any of them.  I'll have to check on my GoMe avatar tonight.)  This way we can provide a reliable and informative experience for all who ask about our group.  A script like that would be helpful for everyone, whether an established member, a recently joined member, or a brave weekend volunteer.

I can write up a beginning version of this and post it here tonight.  I won' t have time to edit or improve upon it beyond this evening but I hope I can make a good "starting point" that others can polish to a nice shine, in time for the event this weekend.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Marten, I think Leo's Ki Mail: About the GoMe is what you are describing. I'm sending it to you right now.

Marten
Marten's picture

Thank you; looks like I have copies of 3 different messages, very helpful. :)

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Yeah, I also sent you the Events Ki Mail and the Job Ki Mails in case you would be interested...

Marten
Marten's picture

Very interested, this way maybe I can be a little more helpful when I have my GoMe avatar online.

I've posted the current "About the GoMe" KI message at http://www.guildofmessengers.com/forum/topic/ki-mails-gome-produced?page... with some suggested edits.

Aside from the information in "About the GoMe" and "Open Jobs in the Guld of Messengers", here is my proposal on how to handle questions in the cavern during the Guild Interest weekend, in 5 easy steps.

1. Please use /startlog when you begin your shift in Kirel, to log all discussion.

2. Answer questions to the best of your ability, referring to the information provided in the KImails.

3. If someone has a question that you cannot answer, or if you do not feel comfortable answering, please ask the person to tell you their KI number or their Myst Online forum name, and assure them that a guild member will attempt to get in touch with them later.

4. When your shift is over, provide the chat log here on the Guild of Messengers forum.  Remember to strip out any private conversations that should not be shared!

5. Other members of the guild will co-ordinate responses to the unanswered questions here on the forum, and in each case, one person will take responsibility to get back to the original asker with an answer.

Does this sound like a good approach?

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Yup Marten. It sound like a good way to handle things. I'll post today the schedule of the event regarding the volunteers. There will be one messenger per hour.

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture

And guys what is the exat GMT time to be there exactly?

I hope this weekend we can meet up all there my friends.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Here is the schedule for the week-end. The times are on KI time so if  you are not sure what time it is for you, log into Uru to notice what is the difference between your local time and Ki Time. For example, it is 6pm in my home but 3pm in the cavern so I need to calculate +3 for the hours next to Kalypso to make sure I am in the cavern in Kirel, at the right time.

"S" means Saturday and "D" means Sunday.

Leonardo S-7:00 S-8:00 S-9:00 S-10:00 S-11:00  
Sirlazurus S-13:00          
Kalypso S-21:00 D-14:00 D-15:00 D:19:00 D:20:00 D-21:00
Ju'lee D S-5:00 S-6:00 D-16:00 D-17:00    
Lunanne S-12:00 D-10:00 D-11:00 D-12:00 D-13:00  
blutec D-7:00 D-8:00 D-9:00      
Alaedrain S-14:00          
FloCat S-19:00 S-20:00        
Thegreekgeek S-15:00 S-16:00 S-17:00 S-18:00 D:18:00  

If you realized that you cannot make it at the times listed above, please, tell me in advance so I can make sure we have a strong presence in the cavern..

You are also welcomed to be present even if your are not "on duty" but please, make sure that you are present at the times above.

Thanks to the people who volunteered for this. :)

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture

Then i think i can go saturday in the afternoon and also sunday.

but maybe u i need  to put ther more hours.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Sir, if you want to be in the schedule more, please go  the poll that Leo wrote about above and select more hours. ;)

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

We have a problem, MOULa servers seem to be down. Nobody can get in it gives "internal Error" upon login :(