Home

Guild Interest Weekends!

155 replies [Last post]
Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

Musica I think you can do whatever you want for the Concert. There is no real leadership for the Guilds Fair, every group can manage their events and their presence on their own so also the DMR can. Since the Fair lasts for two days you can choose the time to schedule your concert.

The point of having it is double: first, it will be a good way for attracting people to Kirel for the Guilds Fair, but (2) it will also be a very good way for the DMR to become more visible in the Cavern.

Keep in mind that at 13.00KITime on Saturday there will be the All Guilds Meeting in the auditorium in Kirel.

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 16 2010

i just hope to go this guild interest weekend guys if i can  know the hours and KI TIME.

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

 MY KI :   959586

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jan 17 2010

As Leonardo said, the All Guilds Meeting is saturday, 13:00  KI time.  that is 19:00 GMT. For the rest of the weekend you can just go if you have time.

 


I am afraid I won't be there a lot, since I have 2 birthdays (mine, and my niece's)

Musica
Musica's picture
Offline
Magazine teamMessenger
Joined: May 3 2010

I have a prior commitment to a picnic and music jam on Saturday, so I won't be able to attend the all-guild meeting. Sunday is my anniversary, but I'l plan to spend some time in Kirel in the afternoon.

Musica

 

 

 

 

kaeebonrai
kaeebonrai's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 20 2008

Well, I'll probably do my usual, stay up until a rediculous time on my saturday/sunday to get to the all guilds meeting, and then sleep through most of the rest of the fair.

 

=)

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

The All Guilds Meeting was a success (as well as the Fair was since about 7am, there ware so many people, and OHBot too)

Here you can download the whole chatlog

We had many groups that wanted to talk, and it lasted almost one hour more than I expected.

Here is a summary:

Guild of Writers: Kaelis has been working on the look of the original Seret to submit his research to RAWA who was interested in that. Probably we will have the real Seret in MOULa.
There has been work on the OfflineKI and on Drizzle and they are still working on the PYPRP2, the new version of the plugin we use for creating ages for Uru with Blender.
Whilyam and some other writers are currently working on creating D'ni Locations for the D'ni Location Contest, which is still going on and will last until the end of August.

Guild of Doorcallers: The Guild of Doorcallers presented itself to the other guilds. This Guild is made specificallt for helping people who need to open the Dein/Tsogahl Doors or for those who enjoy doing those Runs. It does Runs at 11am KITime on Saturdays and Sundays, meeting point is the Tokotah Alley

Guild of Maintainers: The Guild is still quiet althought there are Maintainers Testing some ages. The Writers wanted to point out that the Maintainers should always keep an eye on the GoW Forums because there are WIP ages posted there for Beta Testing which are not posted in the UAM. Also there have been discussions on why there is a Private "Storyline Discussions" subforum on the GoMa Forum; Writers think this is a duplication of efforts (they too have this kind of sub forum) and dissemination of informations and ideas. Maybe GoMa and GoW can coorperate to work together.

Voltigeurs: The Voltigeurs presented themselves to the Guilds. They are a new group and they are the French version of the Skydivers. They create very difficult Marker Quests and they explore places people never think they can reach. Their missions can be requested to Annabell or to any other english-speaking member. You can easily recognize them because their names start with V@

OHB (OHBot, URU BabelBot, KIDirectory and The Guild of Greeters): The developing team for OHBot has grown, now there are also AgeExplorer, who is developing even more OHBot's program with all the suggestions posted on it's forum (it is a subforum at openuru.org), and KaelisEbonrai (hey you have you mind in so many things Kaelis XD) who is an Admin for OHBot and has the power of making him behave. There were a lot of bug fixes (about 17000 OHB said) to OHBot's program, for example he can sing once again.
Uru BabelBot is a new program which sits on the Uru client and replaces your KI so that you can communicate in 14 languages automatically, it translates you in other languages and translates others in your language. There are still some bugs in it, such as even if it supports Italian language and is translated in italian, it won't work for anyone who has an Italian copy of Windows, OHB doesn't know why and will investigae further on this bug. It also has other features such as text-to.speech and OHB have plans for more!
The KIDirectory is the result of merging OHBot's KIDirectory and the KI List maintained by Dekar on the MOUL Forums. Now it is all managed by OHB's softwares which automatically update the post on the MOUL Forums with the informations submitted to OHBot or to the KIDirectory itself.
OHB reported that there was a discussion and even a vote in the Guild of Greeters for deciding if they should allow new memebers in the Guild. The response was positive, new members will be accepted in the Guild of Greeters. There is still no process defined but we are happy that the GoG is alive as always with burocracy

Guild of Peasants: The Guild of Peasant did their presentation to the Guilds. They explained their purpose of Improving the Cavern dwellers, with a philosophical way of thought (called the Life Level System) for avoiding falling in the same errors that led the D'ni to the Fall. They usually meet every Saturday at 15:00 KI time in the Guild of Peasants' Bevin.

Guilds of Messengers: The Messengers are mainly working on bringing back the Newspaper. They have started putting together some ideas for the first issue and they are still looking for more staff members for the Newspaper. They wanted to set some expectetions: it will be more a magazine than a Newspaper this time, with more indepth articles, and interviews etc. then daily news. There will be new Sections like an International Section for the News coming from the non-english communities.
The Cavern Criers are still working in the cavern distributing their materials althought they are really a little number of people.
The rel.to directory (which is a directory which stores an organized list of Myst-related websites) is still maintained by Marten and is looking for a programmer to expand its features. For more informations on the requirements for being the rel.to programmer, or if you want to submit an addition to the rel.to database visit: http://rel.to/suggestions
There was a suggestion from EmorD'niLap to cooperate in some way with TCT for the Newspaper production.

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jan 17 2010

OHB suggested that the next one (7-8) august should be moved to the Raindate since Mysterium is also in that weekend. What do you think?

white
white's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 28 2010

I support that. It allows us to have Leo with us. And it also gives me a chance to attend. 

n/a
Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

So you mean this is going to be on 14-15 weekend?

Mh...isn't Aug 15th a holiday? At least, it is here in Italy, I don't knwo for the rest of the world.

Anyway, Marcus Wheeler should be contacted to make this decision...connection here in the camping is so bad I can't open MOULa Forums XD

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jan 17 2010

I can't visit the forums or the Cavern. Newspaper meeting might have to be postponed :(

15 august isn't celebrated here a lot, but I know they do in some countries, it is catholic I think.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

All Guilds Meeting will be held in Kirel in a few hours!!! :D

Julee D
Julee D's picture
Offline
Messenger
Joined: Mar 1 2010

This should be the last Guild Weekend I have to miss for awhile.  I hope it is going well and that the all-guild meeting yesterday was well attended?  When will the next meeting be?  The first weekend in September is usually a busy holiday weekend for many in the US (Labor Day is on Monday - one of our big holidays).  Will we hold it that weekend anyway?

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

probably yes, since Labor Day is on Monday, we'll see how things develop

For the Guilds Fair, yes the Meeting was very well attended and I'm writing the summary right now. I can't tell for the rest of the Fair though

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

here is the summary of the Guilds Meeting.

I apologize for the absurd amount of time I crashed yesterday XD

Chat Log courtesy of AndyLegate

And here is my summary:

Citazione:

The Public Project: EccentricOne and Tanshin has been working on this project for some months now and they are getting closer to their results. The Public Age Project is a way for explorers to easily gather into a single instance of an age that is normally instanced individually, it is done by sharing the Age with KI/Nexus invites. Their future projects involve being able to request invites from their website, being able to see if an admin avatar for the Project is online and contact him and a possible collaboration with OHBot for automatically sending invites.

Guild of Writers: Since there was nobody for the Guild of Writers, AndyLegate talked a bit about their projects: as KaelisEbonrai said last month, the guild is doing an Age Contest, the D'ni Location Contest, and it is going to finish at the end of August. For now there have been only a few entries, Tweek's one among them.

Guild of Greeters: We had Guild Master Ja'de representing the GoG. He didn't have much to report, but the crowd did. Ja'de explained that the Guilds started to inquiry all the Greeters about how many new players they have met to decide if they need more Greeters. The final thought of Ja'de is that they don't need many new Greeters, but they need the current Greeters to actually make they job. So she's going to contact all the Greeters to understand who's still there and who's not and then they will make the final decision.

Guild of Maintainers: We had Marcus Wheeler as GoMa representant. He explained the GoMa is still a bit quiet, but Dot had an idea for rising the number of Age Inspections, having public IC meeting in MOULa once a month where the Maintainers would tell about their inspections to the Cavern explorers. Marcus expects the projects to start in these following months. AndyLegate also said he want to use his new Age, Neolbah, to keep the Inspections in the form of Journals for storing them forever in an Uru Age, accessible from the game (and online if we ever get to that stage). Jamey asked what would be the preferred procedure for a Writer to ask the Maintainers to inspect his Age, this brought to discussing a good way for doing so, because the Maintainers didn't have a fixed procedure for that, and this resulted in creating a new subforum on the GoMa Forum for the Writers to post their requests.

Guild of Instructors: We had the first appearance at a meeting of the GoI, represented by shokhootahn Rehn. This Guild is made for teaching people the D'ni Language, Rehn started this project when we were still in exile on Second Life and on There.com with two types of classes, one for teaching the basics of the D'ni language (grammar, pronunciation) and another one for learning how to chat in D'ni, making the sentences on the fly. He also announced an Event of the GoI to take place in the Cavern (click here for more infos) and he announced that he is planning to take his lessons to the Cavern in the next 6 months or so.

Guild of Messengers: representants were me, Allan White and LThyme. The Guild of Messengers is continuing its projects nicely. We are expanding the number of our Cavern Criers to be able to be more present in the Cavern. We also have worked on a new update to our website which should improve it for those of you that display it in non-english languages, we only need to track down two last bugs. We also have a collaboration with the Guild of Writers, Kaelis Ebonrai offered to help us creating a News Age that we can use to deliver our news in the cavern. Right now the Age is still in VERY early stages of development and design on our Forums. The most important news from the GoMe is that we are in the process of bringing back our Newspaper, we have almost a full team of people for developing it and we are already writing articles and thinking of the new layout, new name, new logo, new format, etc.

Guild of Peasants: We had White Knight representing the GoP, as they did the last time they presented their Guild to the attendees, since it is still very new to the community. They answered many questions, going thru their "Live Level System" and how their guild related to the Bomb Event organized by OHB last month. (there isn't enough space here to explain that all XD read the chatlog)

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jan 17 2010

It is again next weekend right?  has there yet been anything decided on making it one day instead of two?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

Yes it already that weekend.

And no, nothing for making it one day....something was discussed here

Marten
Marten's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Joined: Nov 8 2007

Any signup calendar for this event?

Please note that this coming weekend there are two major conventions of interest to the same general audience that plays Uru:  PAX (Prime) in Seattle, WA and DragonCon in Atlanta, GA (both in the US).  Cavern population may be reduced.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

awwww, I'd really like to be there for the DragonCon *-*

Here is the GoMe poll for this Weekend: http://www.doodle.com/u68rzghdhsbnfbr9

Usually there isn't much people on Sundays, but Marcus has something in mind for the next time....let's hope XD

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jan 17 2010

can we also just turn up when we have time?

Marten
Marten's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Joined: Nov 8 2007

I don't see a problem with that approach, Lunanne.

I am going to plot out my time since I did not participate at all in last month's GIW.

Marten
Marten's picture
Offline
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Joined: Nov 8 2007

Due to the length of the meeting I'll be in cavern later than originally planned.

Julee D
Julee D's picture
Offline
Messenger
Joined: Mar 1 2010

Just wanted to apologize as it looks like I'll be missing tomorrow's All-Guilds meeting and Guild weekend.  (It's "Family Day" at the college where my son is a Freshman, so I really need to be there.)    Hope some of us can make it to Kirel and looking forward to the log...

Ju'lee

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

white
white's picture
Offline
Joined: Apr 28 2010

I apologize for missing two meetings in a row. And while I'm at it, I should apologize for the recent decrease in my activity in general. My RL got kind of politically messy recently (I blame every single inhabitant of Bologna :)), so I haven't been around as much as I should have. I hope this will change soon. Sorry, folks.

Umm - did anybody log and/or summarize the meeting?

n/a
Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

white wrote:
I blame every single inhabitant of Bologna :)

O_o

Citazione:

Umm - did anybody log and/or summarize the meeting?

Yes ;)

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

Here is the summary and chatlog of the Meeting we had yesterday: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/content/october-all-guilds-meeting

Julee D
Julee D's picture
Offline
Messenger
Joined: Mar 1 2010

I'm afraid I will miss tomorrow's Guild Fair.  (We're moving my parents out of the house they've lived in for the past 41 years.  I begged them to hold off until next weekend, but apparently they had their hearts set on this one.  That or the movers, communications technicians, antique dealers and trash collectors refused to all reschedule just for me.  Can you believe it!?   Ah well.)    I hope the meeting goes well!    :)

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

It's ok Julee, we'll have the summary for you ^^

Julee D
Julee D's picture
Offline
Messenger
Joined: Mar 1 2010

Say, is there an "all guilds" meeting this coming Saturday March 5th?

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
Offline
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Joined: Jun 19 2008

O.O OMG! It's already March! XD I didn't realize that

Yes we have the AGM this Saturday

Julee D
Julee D's picture
Offline
Messenger
Joined: Mar 1 2010

Hi there - checking back in after having drifted off into the ether last month.  I presume the monthly meeting for May is on and scheduled for May 7th?  (Leo, I know you're away till Monday.  Hope you're enjoying your holidays!)

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025