Home

Guild Meeting

217 replies [Last post]
Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger

I posted it in the newspaper thread, as it is a newspaper meeting ;)

Szark
Szark's picture
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger

Lunanne wrote:

I posted it in the newspaper thread, as it is a newspaper meeting ;)

LOL Se I did say my head is still all over the place LOL I knew I had seen it somewhere. To be honest I am not too bothered what day just as long it is before my bed time. 2300 BST

Szark

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture

so if it is a newspaper meeting we cant go all there can we or is for everyone?

Guys i hope u give me answers to this cause i honestly dont know

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture

Well, /if/ you have ideas for the newspaper  you can come even when you aren't part of the team.  But it will be only about the newspaper and nothing else.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger

Ah, it seems I have forgotten about the monthly meeting XD

Is it ok if we do it next month?

white
white's picture

Whoops... I knew I had forgotten something. That's what happens if Lunanne isn't around to play calendar for us. Well, I don't think there was much to discuss anyway, so I'm perfectly okay with having it next month.

n/a
Theremin
Theremin's picture

Next month would be better for me as well. I've been unbelievably busy of late.

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture

since I think we sort of have lost track of what everyone is doing currently ( especially by the newspaper) it might be a good idea to have a meeting so we know where we are.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Ah, you go away for a couple of days and everyone is lost Lunanne XD

Yes the best thing to put the Newspaper back in production is a good Newspaper Meeting.

I'll let your editors (Theremin, Lunanne) to organize it ^^ :P

Theremin
Theremin's picture

I've got an hour right now, I'm in the chatroom.

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture

which one?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

This time I'm not going to forget it :D

So...the poll is up here

I have included the days from this Wednesday to the weekenf of next week just to be sure.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Ok, time to announce the date and time of the Meeting!

From the poll this time the day we are most present is Sunday 12th at 11.00 KITime

We'll meet in the Guild of Messengers' Pub, we don't have really much to discuss except for the Newspaper Development, so I hope to see many of the Newspaper Team coming!

Theremin
Theremin's picture

Looks like I won't be able to make it, sorry all! :(

The major topic I have for the newspaper is a narrowed down targeted publish date, let's shoot for a particular week right now to give us some breathing room (I for one, am super-busy in RL at the moment) and also a rough idea of what order the articles will run in. I will not publish my interview with Clat as the lead article (This isn't "Theremin's Magazine", publishing mine first would just be tacky) but I'm open to thoughts on what would make an appealing opening. LP has submitted an excellent short-story, I'll post it in the Wiki once we've finished some corrections.

Other items:

Logo Contest/selection
Additional filler artwork
Possible future themes
Status of current articles/artwork

If Lunanne is there she can make decisions if need be. If not, whomever can feel free to discuss these items and let us know what they've come up with. Leo has agreed to buy pizza for everyone when the first issue comes out.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Theremin wrote:

Leo has agreed to buy pizza for everyone when the first issue comes out.

O_O

Szark
Szark's picture

Hold the Anchovies to much salt for my viens and heart to handle. :D

I am not happy about Theremin not been able to join us...who is going to hold my hand now.

Szark
Szark's picture

Man I feel stupid got my time conversion all wrong and was 1 hour and 50  mins late. I am so sorry folks for not turning up. I was so looking forward to it also. darn blast thows a wobbly.

PS well at least I got 40 mins with you all. WHich made it worse for missing the start. I felt like old times for me.

Marten
Marten's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger

A quick summary:

Attendees

LThyme, Musica, AgeExplorer, Leonardo, Polgara, Luna(nne), Ju'lee D, Marten, and Szark

Newspaper Business

- Logo artists have 1 week to finalize their designs, ending next Sunday the 19th.  Which logo to use will be decided by a poll to run for 3 days, ending the 22nd.

- For future editions we might involve the dA community for creating covers.  But not for this introductory issue

- The theme for the first issue is "The international communities of Myst".  We are soliciting ideas for future themes.  Some theme ideas were suggested at the meeting to get the ball rolling.

- To publish the issue by the month's end (our goal), we need to have the layout defined by Thursday 16th, articles and logo complete by the Wednesday 22nd, proofreading done by the 25th.  Then there will be 4 days to assemble and final proofing on the 30th. 

- Crossword would be great, if done by the 22nd

- Leo will look into some new "Did You  Know?"s.  Some ideas for this were offered during the meeting.

- State of articles - Leo is translating his article, Clat's article is done... 5 articles are ready so far.  Luna(nne): (the current articles are Clat, art of myst, K'veer, ayoheek, voltiguers, )

- Numerous messengers indicated they wouldn't mind longer articles than 500 words given the change to magazine format, regarding Szark's query about article length  A good rule:  "Quality is key."

-  Front page artwork should typically be "landscapes, still lifes, etc" - nothing with a prominent person or creature up close (in the distance may be OK).  Small pieces of artwork would be good as "filler" to help break up long portions of text.   "Anything that looks good."  Something that brings artistic flair to the magazine, feeling less "sterile" than the newspaper.

Guild Business

- We have some concern that many new members are not very visible - we've welcomed in many new people but don't see them participating much

- We really appreciate those messengers who are helping out, translating articles, handing out KI messages in cavern, and maintaining our website.  We know that some people are "quietly active."  In addition to the meeting participants, we'd like to thank Natsaka, White, and Theremin for their continuing contributions.

Szark
Szark's picture

Marten wrote:

Guild Business

- We have some concern that many new members are not very visible - we've welcomed in many new people but don't see them participating much

- We really appreciate those messengers who are helping out, translating articles, handing out KI messages in cavern, and maintaining our website.  We know that some people are "quietly active."  In addition to the meeting participants, we'd like to thank Natsaka, White, and Theremin for their continuing contributions.

Before I get started on things I would like to comment on this. After coming back from walkabout I was so pleased to see some of the new folks doing so much, so well and so nice and friendly (funny to boot). It is nice to see this group doing so well. But I do agree more the merrier. :D

and I am really annoyed with myself for missing it

Theremin
Theremin's picture

Thanks for the summary Marten- looks like some good things were decided concerning the magazine. No problem from me running longer articles; as long as they're good, we'll run them. Logo contest sounds good. I'll have a short-story from Laughing Pineapple to run also, accompanied by some artwork for it from her boyfriend.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

And the Chat log is here.

Thanks Marten for sending ^^

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture

uhm I honestly cannot remember whether we had a guild meeting in October, but we missed out November. Is there going to be one in December?

We could always just check out what everyone is up to.. maybe do a call out to all the people that signed up(by for example the newspaper) to see whether they are still interested. Mayeb dig up the whole voting-for-guild-council discussion again as it is almost a year we had MOULa. Just random ideas.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

yeah, right. Since we haven't been very active last month, except for the magazine, I haven't organized it.

This weekend there is the All Guilds Meeting, but we could organize a Guild Meeting for the following week.

Subjects:

• Guild Masters elections
  • First Magazine Feedback
  • Second Issue discussions

Here is the link to the Time/Days Poll: http://doodle.com/n7zz2qt2tsc8frms

AaronAKAAtrus
AaronAKAAtrus's picture
Magazine teamMessenger

I'm guessing it's saturday?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Yes Saturday. From the Calendar I see we have a double choice for the hour.

I'd start at 9.00, unless some of you prefer starting at 12.00

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture

I'd prefer 12.00, else I'll have to leave for dinner. Although I could manage 11.00/11.30 probably too.

AaronAKAAtrus
AaronAKAAtrus's picture
Magazine teamMessenger

hwo long is the meeting?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Usually a couple of hours. We don't have a lot of subjects to discuss so maybe it will last less

Theremin
Theremin's picture

12:00 is better for me. Who's assembling the agenda?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

12.00 KITime then!

The only points in the agenda for the meeting are discussions for the next issue of the magazine and the election of new Guild Masters.

Everyone can add more points to discuss of course.

I'll lead the meeting, unless you want to Theremin ^^