Home

Guild Meeting

217 replies [Last post]
Nev'yn
Nev'yn's picture
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger

Well, with modern technology, most of the time, "informal meetings" (Doobes/Ly/Ahl/Luna/Leo?/Max?) tend to happen in IRC...

...Otherwise, most of us chat via PM (Musica/Polgara/Szark/Marten) and/or Skype (Doobes/Leonardo/Nev/Age).

We just haven't called a "formal" meeting in quite a while.

(Nev's Note: For instance, Leo and I were wrestling with the tedium of the GoMe calendar settings Monday evening.)

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Lyrositor
Lyrositor's picture
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger

To be honest, not much is going right now that warrants a meeting, so unless you'd like to discuss a few topics in particular, I don't see any need for it right now. It might be interesting to do one eventually, though.

Signature

Taliana
Taliana's picture
TranslatorMessenger

Nothing specific from my side, I was just concerned that newcomers might get a wrong impression when following the link to this thread. Maybe it would make sense to delete that link that I was talking about and instead send them directly to the IRC Chat itself?

(Heh, 'them' ... 3 days of membership and I already don't see myself as newcomer anymore *g*)

MO:ULa KI# 01423543

Nev'yn
Nev'yn's picture

Hmm...Good point, maybe I'll go in and do some revising tonight or tommorrow after/before work...
...Adding something about informal discussions via IRC or PM, while calling formal meetings only upon rare occassions.

Taliana
Taliana's picture
TranslatorMessenger

OK - poke me when you're done so I can translate the revised edition ;)

Btw, like your sig *thumbs up for B5*

P.S.: Concerning the NULPs meeting - it is Wednesday, and Wednesday only. Nobody knew anything about a Tuesday. Maybe that is where they occasionally shift it to if too many people don't have time on Wednesday.

Nev'yn
Nev'yn's picture

Okay, sorry for the mix-up. Is the radio station still the same?

Taliana
Taliana's picture
TranslatorMessenger

Didn't ask, but 'll go find out next time, or during the AGM :)

Edit:

It seems the NULP Radio has been offline already for a while; in September last year, an announcement appeared in the blog of the guy who had taken over from the first one stating that he doesn't have the time any more:

http://elbritter.pf-control.de/nulpradio/?p=442