Home

MAPPER Initiative

11 replies [Last post]
Lyrositor
Lyrositor's picture
WebmasterTranslatorUru2U TeamMessenger

Calling all Messengers! To gauge our currenty activity and to know where the Guild is standing at any given moment, I am introducing the MAPPER Initiative. What is it?

MAPPER

Messenger
Activity,
Participation and
Presence
Evaluation
Routine

To sum up, it's a monthly voluntary check-up of what all the currently active Messengers are doing. The information collected will be used to update the GoMe Coordinator page. On the first day of each new month, I'll send a PM to all participating Messengers to help gather information as a part of MAPPER. If you wish to sign up, simply reply to this post saying so. I won't badger you with PMs if you don't feel like it!wink

I submit myself as the first candidate for MAPPER.cheeky I hope others will follow suit so that we can estimate as accurately as possible our level of activity.

Signature

Doobes
Doobes's picture
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger

This is a nice idea, Ly, but to be honest, it seems a bit redundant.  The few active Messengers we do have are already in regular contact over IRC and such on a near-daily basis.  And those that aren't on IRC are usually easy to get in touch with through other means.  Maybe if and when the number of active Messengers grows, we can give this a try, but for now, in my opinion, we should just stick with IRC and occasional Guild meetings to update ourselves on what we're doing.

Tomala
Tomala's picture

I looked at the thread and thought it had to do with making readable maps, or age mapping. :(

MAPPER seems a tad misleading.

Lyrositor
Lyrositor's picture

I'm going to answer both of you.

I'm not saying this project should be activated now, I'm just saying it would be a nice concept to apply. I'm not in regular touch with several of the Messengers, however, only Doobes, AgeExplorer, Nev'yn, Ahlisendar, Leonardo and Luna (and I think that's it; if I forgot someone, sorry!), so that's why I wanted a way to keep regular tabs on them if they can't come to guild meetings.

It's called MAPPER to map out the guild's projects, where we're standing and so on. More than that, it's used to chart out the uncertain territories of the future by asking each Guild member what he's planning on doing </stretched-out metaphor>. I don't know what a lot of my fellow Messengers are doing, for example, beyond their position, so that was mainly the point.

Signature

Doobes
Doobes's picture

Again, could be something worth looking into if things get more busy around here, but for the time being, IRC, PMs and the "Timeout" section of the forums is about all we can do, really.  I would assume if we don't hear from a Messenger for a month or more, we could consider them "inactive" until such time as they come back.

Also, I believe Age did something similar to this awhile back; PMing each Messenger to see what their status was.  We could do that again, but as far as making it a monthly thing, that might be a bit overkill, IMO, until we have lots of active members of which to keep track.

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger

I think it would be kind of unecessary. Apart from that the general rule is, if they aren't active on IRC/forum/AGM/Newsfeed they aren't active. From the people whoa re active it is usually known what they're up to, cause they're doing it :P So monthly PMs wouldn't help a lot.

Lyrositor
Lyrositor's picture

Okay, you make valid points. I guess I thought there was more going on that I wasn't seeing...

So let's shelve this until such a time as it might eventually be useful, if ever.

Signature

Doobes
Doobes's picture

Lyrositor wrote:

Okay, you make valid points. I guess I thought there was more going on that I wasn't seeing...

We're Guild Masters now, Ly.  We know all and see all.  Mwahahahahaaaaa!!! ;)

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger

Was I so good in keeping the illusion we were *so busy* at doing Something(tm)? XD

Nev'yn
Nev&#039;yn's picture
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger

Hmm...It could be those constant mechanical-like sounds you have playing...I believe Kadish used the same ones in the Cathedral/Ahnonay. ;-)

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Lyrositor
Lyrositor's picture

/me looks for the hidden giant statue of Leonardo somewhere around here...

Signature

Nev'yn
Nev&#039;yn's picture
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger

Well, to be honest, I would expect the statue to be a giant pine marten....

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |