Home

Open Jobs at GoMe

177 replies [Last post]
Leonardo
Leonardo's picture
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger

I think it can easily fall under webmasters responsiblities. Adding a person only for that doesn't sound right

Theremin
Theremin's picture
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger

Andros wrote:

I wasn't aware that the wiki was deleted. That changes things.

A form of the Wiki still exists on this website now. We used it for the last several papers. I don't know if you would consider it a true Wiki or not (probably not).

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Since we are going to have a Calendar of our own, do you think we need a Calendar Keeper?

If so, maybe we could talk with Lial, she maitained our old Calendar and still maintains the GoG Calendar. Or just add it to the Open Jobs list

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Asking Lial would be a nice thing before putting it on the list. Well that's just my opinion. I can contact Lial if no one else with more knowledge about the calendar than I can't.

Kalypso: #85553

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

I think you're right Andros.

I don't think you need any particular knowledge on the Calendar, expect knowing where it is (top menu XD) and how to add items (Create Content, from the Right Menu)

Szark
Szark's picture

Well it is looking like you don't need my help with anything so I will let you all get on with it. If you need me you know how to find me.

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

After talking to Leo and Lial, the Calendar manager position would be open again.

If this description is ok, I'll spread it around:

Calendar Manager: Manage the Guild of Messengers Calendar. Add new entries based on the Guild of Greeters Calendar or other sources. Being on the lookout (message boards, the Cavern) for new things to add to the Calendar would be great.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Looks good 

blutec
blutec's picture

I'd like to take on cavern crier shifts again, I'd like to expierence the routine.

(LOL I'd just started as a crier at MOUL closing time)

grtz, blutec

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Are these job descriptions ok before I post them around?

Second Life Liaison: Be the link between the GoMe and the MYST/URU community in Second Life. Must have good people skills and be involved in Second Life. Share information both ways: News from the GoMe and feedback/news/event announcement from the Second Life community.

Second Life Field Reporter: Informs the GoMe of what is happening in Second Life (Uru-related news or events) so that the GoMe can share the information with the wider Uru community.

There Field Reporter: Informs the GoMe of what is happening in There (Uru-related news or events) so that the GoMe can share the information with the wider Uru community.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

It looks good to me

Marten
Marten's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger

I mentioned on the MOUL forum that if folks want our Newspaper to resume, we would need some volunteers.

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20005

I think we should add the Newspaper roles to the list of open jobs... and if we don't fill them, then we continue to have no newspaper.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Yes good idea.

I have updated the Job page on the website (Guild Business Book) with the contents of the MOUL topic and added a new Job intermediate between Webmaster and Moderator which is SiteAdmin. This posision already exists here, it was filled by Al'Kaera and Szark when the new website started, but with the time this fell on the webmaster role. I feel this is the right time to restore the Admins, responisible for keeping the website pages and Guild Books updated. So the Webmasters can focus on the technical side.

Theremin
Theremin's picture

Thanks Marten, and good point also.

Sirlazurus
Sirlazurus's picture

I agree with Theremin on that.

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Julee D
Julee D's picture
Messenger

Andros wrote:

Are these job descriptions ok before I post them around?

Second Life Liaison: Be the link between the GoMe and the MYST/URU community in Second Life. Must have good people skills and be involved in Second Life. Share information both ways: News from the GoMe and feedback/news/event announcement from the Second Life community.

Second Life Field Reporter: Informs the GoMe of what is happening in Second Life (Uru-related news or events) so that the GoMe can share the information with the wider Uru community.

There Field Reporter: Informs the GoMe of what is happening in There (Uru-related news or events) so that the GoMe can share the information with the wider Uru community.

Speaking of "There" - you all heard it is going out of business, right?  I believe it is already offline.

[edit] found the link: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20123

Ki # 153719
GoMe Avatar KI #3836025

Andros
Andros's picture
Messenger

Right Julee. I removed this position a few days ago due to that announcement. I should have mentionned it though.

Well, I think that the Uru satellite community is mostly in Second Life rather than in There. The main goal is still to have updates about what is going on in Second Life though with the reporter and liaison position. That is a difficult position to fill.

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger

is there currently a Dutch community liason?

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

No there isn't.

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture

Then I would like to become the dutch community liaison, if that is okay with everyone here.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

No problem for me. That's great!! :D

Being a Liaison mainly means keeping an eye between the two groups and notify one when the other has something that the first would consider to be interesting. As the party that blutec reported today.;) There is also a Book Page explaining what's a Liaison in the FAQs Book.

Theremin
Theremin's picture

OK by me as well. Let's make it official and give Lunanne a badge!

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

Done!

Capella
Magazine moderator

I'd like to help out with the Newsletter if possible. I posted that on the MO:UL forums and was sent over here. I have editorial and layout experience, and would be happy to work on it in any needed capacity. I'd prefer to work as an editor of some type if possible.

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture

I'm adding some lines to the InCavern OpenJobs list for the Newspaper. Let's see if we can get this all going again :D

Lunanne
Lunanne's picture

I would like to help  with the newspaper too when I got rel.to up-to-date (just a few weeks from now I hope) . 

Theremin
Theremin's picture

There was some discussion as to producing one for Mysterium, and I gave Andros a list of the positions we would need in order to produce a quality newsletter/newspaper. We can start putting things into place and see how it shapes up. When I have a bit more time, I'll start a thread to actually begin the process. In the meantime, take a look at some of the old Newspapers (if you haven't already!)

Capella
Magazine moderator

Just to help out with some theories, what positions are needed? The way I see it, core positions include

-Editor in Chief

-Layout (Assembler)

-Editors (Proofreaders)

-Writers

There could be sub positions, and some could be shared at first (for example, assembler might also be a writer or editor, editor in chief could easily be a general editor as well). This would reduce the overall number of people needed. A challenge would be finding article topics and getting people to guest report. I have a few ideas so far but I don't know what's been done yet, so I need to do some rereading of back issues, which I'll do this weekend.

Theremin
Theremin's picture

Andros, I can't remember where I posted the list of newspaper positions for you before, can you help me out? 

Leonardo
Leonardo's picture