Home

A Post-All Guilds Meeting... for all our creative minds to present themselves?

7 replies [Last post]
Max
Max's picture
Messenger

Hello all....

I'm not sure as where to put this so if it's wrong, you guys move it to a correct section.

This idea came up in the City the other day. More than a few guys have now mentioned
Myst / MOULa related game ideas they have and different concepts they're working on.
(people I think I've not seen much of before) That meaning, working perhaps on their
own, not within a Guild or such. Wishing to "show up" what they've got so to speak. and
refering to web-pages...

So it struck me, maybe we could arrange a Post-AGM (already 1st of March) so all of
our creative minds could inform us about what they're doing?

I do know there's a "Creativity" section on MOULa Forums. Some read it, most just don't.
So Info of such mentioned above travel perhaps only by word-of-mouth-method.

I've been busy now with planning the D'ni O'lympics happening 15th a while. But if we
decide this is a doable thing(?) I could very well "inform" about it when in the City these
coming weeks. Then as GoMe'Max of course....

I could do it anyways... but I'd like to first have some feed-back and hopefully your
support before doing that.

What yous think?

Nev'yn
Nev'yn's picture
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger

Well, there used to be a post-AGM guild and groups "fair". It was mostly before my time...
...I've been told people were interested at first, but then attention slowly waned.

Personally, I think it may have been tying to hold the fair after every AGM was too cumbersome and time-consuming to keep running.* I'd recommend doing it as an event every 3-4 months to highlight what people have been working on recently. (Aka, like an arts & crafts fair once a season or so in RL.) Anys, just my thoughts. Luna/Doobes may more insight into this as they used to be active Criers.

On other matters, sorry I haven't been any help promoting the D'ni Olympics. I ended up with two extra work shifts this week, so just didn't have time to make up news posting, let alone get down to cavern. Hopefully things will seattle down soon.

(*Nev's Note: "In my opinion.")

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Max
Max's picture
Messenger

Well... I won't be pushing on this one. The people doing stuff are few and far between and
they'll soon tire of the total lack of response or any reaction from the crowd in the cavern.

This was just another idea, although it could be mentioned at AGM? Every 3 months or so
could be just fine.Who knows, maybe there is still a few in the shade that want to step forth,

btw. O'lympics went OK. The Jalak Sculpture Show was spectacular and later, when in the
City when we did the Parade, we managed to "block out" the whole City.

Korovev
Korovev's picture
Council memberTranslatorMessenger

Loosely related, but: maybe we could have an "orientation/Q&A session" for newcomers, where they can get a general idea of the "D'niverse" if they're new, which groups do what, what doorruns are, etc.

I'm thinking in particular to newbies who leave because they "don't get what's going on": they might be more encouraged to attend if there was a post-AGM where they can feel free to ask "stupid" questions.

_____

.yimem erTxEmatav tArema erTxEmatav

Nev'yn
Nev'yn's picture

Funny story: I once had hopes of a "new explorer" info tour of the city. Basic sites, some history, and also pass out ki-mail on things like how to use the KI.

Life got busy, and (not casting blame or trying to make people feel bad) none of the Messengers abot that time seem very interested in helping with the project. Anys, if someboday was interested reviving the idea, I'd be glad to help.

Here's the little info I had assembled:

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/book/draft-cavern-criers-new-explore...

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts.

Max
Max's picture
Messenger

Bump... I have a few things I'd like to present at All Guilds Meeting Saturday 5th of April.
They're sorta releted mostly to the I.H.P. (International Hood Project) but I'll also suggest
some kind of "Cretive Worlshop Day" held in the Hood for exchanging ideas...

In vein of things inspired by MOULa or Myst... "who is doing what, where, when and how..."

Any suggestions along those lines are welcome.

Max
Max's picture
Messenger

Bump.... OK. I decided to bite the bullet... I.H.P. is having an Open Hood Day and we invite
All the Creative Minds in the cavern to come together there. I've sent invites to the Shards
too. I've put up a news note about here... I hope correctly but let me know if it's ok!?

Yeah, and a New Pub is something very Creative!... so please come and chat about that at some
point of evening. Look in MOULa Forums for the Time Schedule (updateed as we progress)

Nev'yn
Nev'yn's picture

@Max: I hear the event is goin' pretty well. Just wanted to give you some kudos! Be well!!!